Position: senior research associate
- 2005 Ph.D. at the Faculty of Economics, University of Osijek
- 1992 M.A. at IFP-ENSPM, Rueil-Malmaison, France – Economics of Energy
- 1990 university degree at the Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb
Employment and work experience:
- since 2001 - The Institute of Economics, Zagreb
- 1997-2001 - Aquarius, Zagreb – export director
- 1996-1997 - Alfatec, Zagreb – product program manager
- 1994-1995 - Alfatec branch in Kemerovo, Russia – deputy director
- 1993-1994 - Origo, Zagreb – assistant director
- 1992-1993 - Vitol Oil Trading Co., London – representative for Croatia, Zagreb
Fields of interest:
- public administration reforms and public sector policies
- institutions and applied institutional analysis in various sectors, e.g. in science-industry collaboration, local development, public procurement
- economics of corruption
- tobacco economics
- Ateljević, Jovo; Budak, Jelena. Corruption and public procurement: example from Croatia. Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies. 12 (2010), 4; pp. 375-397.
- Goel, Rajeev; Budak, Jelena. Tourism Policies and Cross-Country Growth: A Disaggregated Analysis. Tourism Economics. 16 (2010), 3; pp. 535-548.
- Goel, Rajeev K.; Budak, Jelena. Environmental versus Social Externalities and Life Satisfaction: A Cross-Country Investigation. Privredna kretanja i ekonomska politika, Vol.18 (2008),114, pp. 28-49.
- Goel, Rajeev K.; Budak, Jelena. Corruption in Transition Economies: Effects of Government Size, Country Size and Economic Reforms. Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 30 (Summer 2006), 2, pp. 240-250.
- Budak, Jelena; Goel, Rajeev K.; Nelson, Michael A. Smoking Prevalence and Antismoking Regulations in Transition Countries, Transition Studies Review, Vol. 13 (2006), 1, pp. 231-248.
- Budak, Jelena. Corruption in Croatia: Perceptions Rise, Problem Remains. Croatian Economic Survey. Vol. 9 (2006); pp. 35-68.
- Budak, Jelena; Goel, Rajeev. Transition, Governance and Corruption, Economia Internazionale/International Economics, LVII (2004), 4, pp. 395-406
List of publications (Croatian Scientific Bibliography – CROSBI)